.

.

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Raining today! First time in weeks

Has me realising that Winter will hit quickly; we have a true Indian Summer with daily temperatures still in the mid- 20's. I've even planted more beans a few days ago to see if they'll grow with the remaining heat. But the rain is so welcome; so pleased I finished one part of the new garden borders and whilst I'm still up to my neck creating a guest washroom and struggling to have an installer finish putting in  the new wood burner I know I've only a few weeks to prepare and tidy the vegetable garden for Winter in preparation for Spring. I've asparagus raised from seed ready to go out and have potatoes ready to go in. hoping this rain will help the avocado grow larger. Makes me think I've got to get to the duck pond though very soon if I want to re-build it before the continuous rain we get during Winter..otherwise it'll be full of water...

No comments:

Post a Comment